Terms & Conditions
Effective: September 7, 2018
Before accessing and using the Services, please read these Terms carefully because they constitute a legal agreement between Cronos Group and you.
BY ACCESSING ANY CRONOS GROUP WEBSITE AND USING ANY OF THE SERVICES, YOU AFFIRM THAT:
- YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS;
- YOU WILL COMPLY WITH THE TERMS; AND
- YOU ARE AT LEAST THE AGE OF LEGAL MAJORITY IN YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE AND OTHERWISE LEGALLY COMPETENT TO ENTER INTO CONTRACTS.
IF YOU ARE USING THE SERVICES ON BEHALF OF YOUR EMPLOYER, YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS IS DEEMED AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOUR EMPLOYER AND CRONOS GROUP AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE AUTHORITY TO BIND YOUR EMPLOYER TO THESE TERMS.
If you do not agree to any of these Terms, please do not use the Services and immediately cease such access . Your affirmative act of accessing, using and/or registering for the Services constitutes your consent to enter into agreements with Cronos Group electronically.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS
Certain features of the Services, promotions, offers and research studies may be subject to additional terms and conditions (“Additional Terms”) presented in conjunction with them. Cronos Group may present Additional Terms to you through the Services or offline. Regardless of how they are presented to you, Cronos Group requires that you agree to Additional Terms before using these features of the Services. Unless otherwise specified in Additional Terms, all Additional Terms are incorporated into these Terms. If you do not agree to Additional Terms, you may not access the Services to which they relate. These Terms and Additional Terms apply equally. If, however, any Additional Term is inconsistent with any provision of these Terms, the Additional Term will prevail but only for the Service(s) to which the Additional Terms apply.
- CHANGES TO TERMS
The Effective Date of these Terms is set forth at the top of this webpage. As we add new features, we may amend or supplement these Terms. We will not make changes that have a retroactive effect on your privacy rights unless we are legally required to do so or to protect other users’ use of the Services. Your continued use of the Services after the Effective Date constitutes your acceptance of the amended Terms. The amended Terms supersede all previous versions of or agreements, notices or statements about the Terms.
CONTENT OF THE SERVICES
- The Services, including any information, graphic, artwork, text, video clip, audio clip, trademark, logo, service mark, including the “look and feel” of any Cronos Group websites and/or other content provided on, in or through the Services (collectively, “Cronos Group Content”) are owned by Cronos Group or its licensors and protected under Canadian and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws.
- If you agree to these Terms, then Cronos Group grants to you a personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable and limited license (without the right to sublicense) to access and use the Services and download, print and/or copy Cronos Group Content solely for your own personal use and subject to these Terms. Reprinting or electronically reproducing any document or graphic related to the Services in whole or in part for any other purpose is strictly prohibited, unless prior written authorization is obtained from Cronos Group.
- Nothing contained in these Services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right in and to Cronos Group’s trademarks, logos or service marks (“Marks”), patents, trade secrets or other intellectual property embodied in the Services. Unauthorized use of any of the Marks or Cronos Group’s other intellectual property may violate applicable laws. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Cronos Group.
- Unless Cronos Group provides you with written authorization to do so, you may not:
- (i) incorporate any Cronos Group Content into any other work (such as your own website) or use Cronos Group Content in any public or commercial manner, except to the extent legally permissible under applicable fair use or fair dealing exemptions;
- (ii) change any of the notices about copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights that may be part of the Cronos Group Content; or
- (iii) “deep link” to any of the Services (i.e., link to any page other than the home page of one of the Services).
- Cronos Group shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Services, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use. Cronos Group uses reasonable efforts to update its Services, but some information may become out of date over time. Except as specifically stated, Cronos Group makes no claims or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or use of the information contained in the Services.
YOUR USE OF ANY CRONOS GROUP CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- NOT MEDICAL OR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE
All Cronos Group Content, is intended to be a general information resource in regard to the subject matter covered, and is provided solely on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. You are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein with other sources, and to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider. Cronos Group is not engaged in rendering medical or similar professional services or advice via any website, and the information provided is not intended to replace medical advice offered by a physician. If you desire or need such services or advice, you should consult a professional healthcare provider. You should not construe Cronos Group’s publication of this content as an endorsement by Cronos Group of the views expressed herein, or any warranty or guarantee of any strategy, recommendation, treatment, action, or application of medication or preparation made by the author of the content.
CRONOS GROUP CONTENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ THROUGH THE SERVICES. DO NOT USE THE SERVICES FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, IMMEDIATELY CALL A HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL AND YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY NUMBER.
USE OF THE SERVICES
- Eligibility: You must be of the age of legal majority or older in your place of residence to use the Services. By using the Services, you represent to Cronos Group that you are at least the age of majority in your place of residence.
Your Account: If you create an account (“Account”) to use certain features of the Services, you agree that you will maintain your Account information to ensure that it is always current, complete and accurate. If you provide untrue, incomplete or inaccurate information, you understand that we have the right to terminate your Account and use of the Services.
- (i) By creating an Account, you agree that Cronos Group may contact you using the contact information that you provide when creating your Account.
- (ii) Please do not share your Account with anyone else. You are responsible for all use of your Account, including use by others to whom you have provided access to your Account. You also are responsible for any use of your Account by any person that is caused by your failure to secure your user ID or password.
- Your Responsibilities: You may use the Services for lawful purposes only. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair Cronos Group’s servers or networks or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Services.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, other users’ Accounts or Cronos Group’s computer systems or networks through hacking, password mining or any other means.
Without limiting any of the foregoing, you agree that you shall not and you agree not to encourage or allow any third party to:
- (i) copy, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decode or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any portion of the Services or Cronos Group Content;
- (ii) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape or index any portion of the Services;
- (iii) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or otherwise make available the Services (or any features or functionality of the Services) to any third party for any reason;
- (iv) reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Services; or
- (v) create more than one Account by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses.
You are solely responsible for any and all charges, fees and other costs related to use of the Services. If you access and use the Services on your smartphone, tablet or other mobile device, you must have wireless service through Wi-Fi or a participating mobile service provider. Certain Services may require text messaging (SMS or MMS) capability. You agree that you are solely responsible for all message and data charges that you incur from your mobile service provider. We do not impose a separate charge for any text messaging services that Cronos Group offers but message and data rates may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Cronos Group is not liable for any delay in the receipt of any text message, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your mobile service provider. Text messages are provided on an “as is” basis and may not be available in all areas at all times.
Once you opt-in to receive text messages from us, the frequency of text messages that we send to you will depend on your transactions with us. By agreeing to receive text messages, you understand and agree that Cronos Group may use an automatic dialing system to deliver text messages to you and that your consent to receive text messages is not required as a condition of purchase for any goods or services.
- User Contributions: Cronos Group may from time to time offer you access to web pages or screens in the Services on or through which you and others can display, publish or submit (“Post”) information or otherwise provide feedback or information to Cronos Group (“User Contributions”). By Posting or transmitting User Contributions to Cronos Group (or Cronos Group’s designees) through the Services, you grant Cronos Group and Cronos Group’s designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers), transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, sublicense (through multiple tiers), store, distribute, create derivative works of, perform and import your User Contributions in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you. All User Contributions are deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary.
You are the owner of and responsible for your User Contributions. In consideration of your opportunity to use the Services to post a User Contribution, you represent and warrant that:
- (i) you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your User Contribution, including, without limitation, all copyrights and trademarks;
- (ii) your User Contribution is true and accurate;
- (iii) your User Contribution does not infringe, misappropriate or violate any third party’s privacy, publicity, proprietary, intellectual property, including copyrights, trademarks, patents and trade secrets, or other rights;
- (iv) your User Contribution does not contain information that identifies any person unless you have such person’s express prior written consent and, if you are a health care professional, you will not submit any information that would directly identify a patient or any information for which you do not have all necessary consents, authorizations or other legally-required permission to disclose;
- (v) your User Contribution does not make unsubstantiated claims about any third party or its products or services or contain any slanderous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening and/or harassing comments or other content; and
- (vi) your User Contribution complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Cronos Group may remove or delete any User Contributions in its sole discretion, without notice.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES & LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- No Warranties
- (i) Cronos Group warrants that Cronos Group has validly entered into these Terms and has the legal power to do so. You warrant that you have validly entered into these Terms and have the legal power to do so.
- (ii) Except as expressly provided, the Services are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. Cronos Group specifically disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, freedom from defects, uninterrupted use and all warranties implied from any course of dealing or usage of trade. Cronos Group makes no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any of the Services. Cronos Group does not warrant that (i) the Services will meet your requirements, (ii) operation of the Services will be uninterrupted or virus- or error-free or (iii) errors will be corrected. Any oral or written advice provided by Cronos Group or its agents does not and will not create any warranty.
- Limitation of Liability
- (i) Your use of the Services is at your own risk.
- (ii) CRONOS GROUP SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF CRONOS GROUP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RELIANCE BY ANY PARTY ON ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THAT ARISES IN CONNECTION WITH MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS IN, OR DELAYS IN TRANSMISSION OF, INFORMATION TO OR FROM THE USER, INTERRUPTIONS IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONNECTIONS TO THE SERVICES OR VIRUSES, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, TERRORISM, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE SERVICES.
- (iii) The foregoing disclaimer of liability will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- (iv) You acknowledge and agree that the above limitations of liability, together with the other provisions in these Terms that limit liability, are essential terms and that Cronos Group would not be willing to grant you the rights set out in these Terms but for your agreement to the above limitations of liability.
- No Warranties
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Cronos Group and affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and licensees from any and all liability including costs, expenses, the costs of enforcing any right to indemnification hereunder and any insurance provider and attorneys’ fees brought against Cronos Group by any third party arising out of or are related to your violation of these Terms or use of the Services. Cronos Group reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification hereunder. No settlement that affects the rights or obligations of Cronos Group may be made without Cronos Group’s prior written approval.
- INFORMATION, NEWS AND PRESS RELEASES
The Services may contain information, news and / or press releases about Cronos Group. While this information was believed to be accurate as of the date it was prepared, Cronos Group disclaims any duty or obligation to update this information, news or any press releases. Information about companies other than Cronos Group contained in the news, press releases or otherwise, should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by Cronos Group.
- THIRD-PARTY SITES & SERVICES
The Services may contain links to third-party websites and services, including social media (collectively, “Linked Services”). Linked Services are not under the control of Cronos Group and Cronos Group is not responsible for Linked Services or for any information or materials on or any form of transmission received from any Linked Service. The inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement by Cronos Group of the Linked Service or any association with the operators of the Linked Service and should not be construed to mean that Cronos Group is affiliated or associated with or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to the Linked Services. Cronos Group does not investigate, verify or monitor the Linked Services. Cronos Group provides links to Linked Services for your convenience only. You access Linked Services at your own risk and subject to the privacy policies, terms and conditions of use and other legal provisions applicable to the Linked Services.
- CRONOS GROUP’S LINKING POLICY
Unless otherwise set forth in a written agreement between you and Cronos Group, you must adhere to the following rules if you link to any portion of the Services: (i) any link to the Services must be a text only link clearly marked with the name of the relevant Cronos Group entity (e.g. “Cronos Group”, “Peace Naturals”, “OGBC”, etc.) (ii) the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not damage or dilute the goodwill associated with Cronos Group’s Marks, (iii) the link must “point” to the top level domain name of the relevant Cronos Group Service and not to other pages within the Services, (iv) the appearance, position and other attributes of the link may not create the false appearance that your organization or entity is sponsored by, affiliated with, or associated with Cronos Group, (v) when selected by a user, the link must display the Service on in the entirety of a tab, window or screen, and not within a “frame” on the linking website or service, and (vi) Cronos Group reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time and in its sole discretion.
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We welcome expressions of interest in employment with Cronos Group. Cronos Group does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, disability, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, provincial or local law.
You understand that the invitation to submit your resume or expression of interest in a job posted on the Site is not intended to, and does not, create a contract between you and Cronos Group for employment or for any other benefit. You understand that any communication sent by you to Cronos Group inquiring about employment shall not be considered an application for employment and creates no obligation on the part of Cronos Group to respond.
Should Cronos Group be interested in exploring employment opportunities with you, we will contact you in response to your inquiry.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- The laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable in such province shall govern these Terms, without reference to its choice of law rules. Subject to the terms of this section 12, including with respect to arbitration, to the extent any claims between you and Cronos Group must be determined in a court of law, you and Cronos Group hereby irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario and all courts competent to hear appeals therefrom.
- You and Cronos Group agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to the interpretation or construction of these Terms.
- You and Cronos Group agree, except where prohibited by applicable law, that each may bring claims against the other only on an individual basis and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative action or proceeding.
- YOU AND CRONOS GROUP AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THAT ALL CLAIMS WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION IN THE MANNER SPECIFIED IN THIS SECTION 12 AND THAT YOU AND CRONOS GROUP WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO BRING SUCH CLAIMS BEFORE ANY COURT OF LAW. RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT, SUCH AS ACCESS TO DISCOVERY, MAY BE UNAVAILABLE OR LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
- Any controversy or claim arising under or related to these Terms and their interpretation or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from these Terms, including disputes about the validity, scope or enforceability of these Terms relating to arbitration (collectively, “Covered Disputes”) shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Act, 1991 (Ontario) (the “Arbitration Act”). Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Toronto, Ontario, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Parties hereby authorize and empower the arbitrator to grant interim measures, including but not limited to injunctions, specific performance, or other equitable relief (which, without limitation, may be part of the final arbitral decision or award), in appropriate circumstances. These interim measures and other remedies may be immediately enforced by court order.
- A single arbitrator will be selected in accordance with the Arbitration Act. The arbitration shall be conducted in the English language. The arbitrator will have the power to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity and any award of the arbitrator will be final and binding on each of the parties. The arbitrator will not, however, have the power to award punitive or exemplary damages, the right to which each party hereby waives. The arbitrator will apply applicable law and the provisions of these Terms and the failure to do so will be deemed an excess of arbitral authority and grounds for judicial review. The arbitrator’s decision must be with written explanation and remain confidential.
- If any provision of the agreement to arbitrate in this Section 12 is found unenforceable or otherwise prohibited by applicable law, the unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, notice on any claim arising from or related to these Terms must be made within one (1) year after such claim arose or be forever barred.
- The Services may include “forward-looking information” and “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of applicable Canadian and U.S. securities laws. All information contained herein that is not clearly historical in nature may constitute forward-looking information. In some cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by words or phrases such as “may”, “will”, “expect”, “plan”, “anticipate”, “intend”, “potential”, “estimate”, “believe” or the negative of these terms, or other similar expressions intended to identify forward-looking statements.
- Forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by management, are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive risks, uncertainties and contingencies that may cause actual financial results, performance or achievements to be materially different from the estimated future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by those forward-looking statements and the forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance.
- A discussion of some of the material risks applicable to the Company can be found in the Company’s current securities-related filings on SEDAR and EDGAR and can be accessed at sedar.com or www.edgar.com. Except as required by law, Cronos Group disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements. You are cautioned not to put undue reliance on these forward-looking statements.
- The Services and the information contained therein do not constitute an offer or a solicitation of an offer for sale of any securities. None of the information contained therein is intended to be, and shall not be deemed to be, incorporated into any of Cronos Group’s securities-related filings or documents.
- GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS
The Services are based in, and operated by Cronos Group from its offices, in the Province of Ontario in Canada. Cronos Group makes no representation that the Services are appropriate or available for access or use in other locations. You acknowledge that you may not be able to access or use the Services in other locations and that access thereto or use thereof may not be legal. If you access or use the Services from other locations, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Any products, services or publications mentioned in Services are made available in accordance with local law and only where they may be lawfully offered for sale.
- DATA PRIVACY AND PROTECTION
- USE BY MINORS
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the Services are not intended for, or designed to attract, persons under the age of majority in their jurisdiction. Cronos Group does not knowingly collect Personal Information from, or provide information, products or services to, visitors in that age group.
These Terms automatically terminate when you fail to comply with any term or condition of them. Cronos Group may terminate or modify your access to the Services, with or without notice to you, at any time for any reason. For example, access to the Services may be denied without notice if Cronos Group believes that you are a minor.
Termination will not limit any of Cronos Group’s other rights or remedies. Any provision that must survive in order to give proper effect to the intent and purpose of these Terms (including but not limited to Sections 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15 and 18) shall survive termination.
- These Terms inure to the benefit of and will be binding upon Cronos Group’s and your successors and assigns, respectively.
- These Terms may be assigned by Cronos Group but you may not assign these Terms without the prior express written consent of Cronos Group.
- If any provision of these Terms is or becomes unenforceable or invalid, the remaining provisions will continue with the same effect as if such unenforceable or invalid provision had not been used.
- If Cronos Group fails or you fail to perform any obligation under these Terms and the other party does not enforce such obligation, the failure to enforce on any occasion will not constitute a waiver of any obligation and will not prevent enforcement on any other occasion. Any waiver of any provisions contained in the Terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any other right, term, or provision of the Terms.
- Nothing contained in these Terms will be deemed to constitute Cronos Group or you as the agent or representative of the other or as joint venturers or partners.
- If Cronos Group is or you are prevented from performing or unable to perform any obligation under these Terms due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of the party invoking this provision, the affected party’s performance will be extended for the period of delay or inability to perform due to such cause.
- Headings and captions are for convenience only.
Effective: September 7, 2018
This Privacy Statement applies to all Cronos Group online or digital services activities, including, but not limited to our websites (collectively, the “Site”) and digital services (“Services”) in which they are posted or linked.
Please carefully read this Privacy Statement to learn more about how we collect, use, disclose and store information provided and the steps we take to help protect the information provided from unauthorized use or disclosure. When you submit information to or through the Services, you consent to the collection, processing and retention of your information as described in this Privacy Statement.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF THE SERVICES.
Please note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected through third-party websites or services that you may access through the Services.
Cronos Group may process personal information in global databases that can be accessed by authorized Cronos Group personnel worldwide. Personal information stored outside your country may be subject to access by law enforcement agencies or other third parties under applicable local laws.
Transfers of personal information among Cronos Group and its group entities are made in accordance with applicable laws.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Services, we collect Personal Information and Usage Data.
In this Privacy Statement, “Personal Information” means information associated with or used to identify or contact a specific person. Personal Information includes: (1) contact data (such as e-mail address, telephone number and employer); (2) demographic data (such as gender, date of birth and postal code); and (3) certain Usage Data (defined below).
Certain subsets of Personal Information, such as information about health or medical status (pursuant to all applicable laws) and Location Data (defined below), are characterized as sensitive (collectively, “Sensitive Personal Information”) and may be subject to stricter regulation and consent requirements than other information. Before providing it to us, we urge you to carefully consider whether to disclose your Sensitive Personal Information. If you do provide Sensitive Personal Information to us, you consent to its use and disclosure for the purposes and in the manner described in this Privacy Statement.
“Usage Data” is information about an individual’s activity on or through the Services that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as browser type, operating system and webpages visited. We do not consider Usage Data as Personal Information because Usage Data by itself usually does not identify an individual.
If different types of Usage Data and Personal Information are linked together and, once linked, identify an individual person, Usage Data in such limited scenarios may be considered Personal Information.
- HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND USED
Cronos Group collects and uses information to operate the Services, including:
Information That You Voluntarily Provide When Using the Services. We collect and use the Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us through the Services. You may use certain Services without registering or identifying yourself but, if you do not register, you may not have access to all of the Services. If you choose to register, we may use the Personal Information you provide to confirm your registration and to respond to requests from you. Upon your request, we may also use the Personal Information to send you special promotions or newsletters with information that may interest you.
If you are a healthcare professional or an institutional healthcare provider (collectively, “Providers”), you are responsible for obtaining any legally required authorization, consent or other permission from your patients prior to providing their Personal Information to Cronos Group through the Services. By submitting any Personal Information about a patient, you represent and warrant to Cronos Group that you have obtained all required permissions to do so.
Through Your Use of Interactive Services. If you choose to participate in our questionnaires and surveys and other interactive Services, we will collect the information, including any Sensitive Personal Information that you share to help us better understand how our products are used by our customers.
The information you provide through interactive Services may be combined (subject to all applicable laws) with the Personal Information provided elsewhere in or through the Services. We may combine your and others’ Personal Information to create summary data that we will use for our business purposes, such as research to improve our products and analyses that may help us better market our products.
If you submit health-related Personal Information through the Services to participate in a clinical trial, we may use your Personal Information to assess whether you qualify for enrollment in the trial, to contact you about potential participation in the trial, and to provide you with additional information about the trial.
You may provide information to be published or displayed ("Posted") on public areas of the Services (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are Posted and made available publicly at your own risk. Cronos Group does not control the actions of third parties with access to your User Contributions. If you are a Provider and submit Personal Information through the Site or the Services about a study subject related to his or her participation in a clinical trial, that Personal Information will be processed in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If we determine that the potential study subject is eligible for the trial, we will use the information to contact you about his or her potential participation in the trial and to provide you with additional information.
When you Correspond with Cronos Group about Cronos Group Products. If you contact Cronos Group through the Site or the Services or use the Services to ask questions or report problems regarding your experience in using one of our products, we may use the information you provide in submitting reports to Health Canada or other third parties as required by law. Subject to our obligations under applicable laws, we also may use the information to contact the prescribing physician to follow up regarding an event involving use of our product.
Through Data Collection Tools. Cronos Group may also automatically collect information about use of the Services through data collection tools, such as web beacons and cookies.
A “web beacon” is a piece of code that enables us to monitor user activity and website traffic. A “cookie” is a randomly-generated unique numeric code stored in the user’s web browser settings or computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires), as well as the randomly generated unique numeric code.
We use the information collected through data collection tools to monitor usage patterns, store information about user preferences and to improve the Services. For example, your Personal Information may be used to create customized offers, information and services tailored to your interests and preferences. We may track your activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services to display advertisements on third-party websites. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please see “Your Privacy Choices” below. For more information about our digital advertising practices, please see “Digital Advertising” below.
When you Connect with Social Media though the Services. Certain Services may link with social media platforms and social media plug-ins (e.g., the Facebook "Like" button, "Share to Twitter" button) (collectively, “Social Media”). When accessing the Services through a Social Media account, Cronos Group may (depending on the applicable user privacy settings) automatically have access to information provided to or through the Social Media platform. Cronos Group may collect and use this information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or at the time the information was collected.
Through Service Providers. Third parties that assist us with our business operations also collect and use information (including Personal Information and Usage Data) through the Services and also may share the collected information with us. For example, our vendors collect and share information with us to analyze use of the Services, to help us detect and prevent fraud and to improve user experience. Some of our vendors may process or store Personal Information outside Canada, where that information may be subject to access by law enforcement agencies under applicable local laws. Cronos Group takes steps to ensure that our service providers adequately protect Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes of the service they are providing.
- HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED AND DISCLOSED
We may share and disclose information as described at the time information is collected and as follows:
To Perform Services. We may use third parties to perform services requested or functions initiated by users. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information to identify a user in connection with communications sent through the Services. We also may offer users the opportunity to share information with friends and other users through the Services.
With Cronos Group’s Third Party Contractors. We share information, including Personal Information, with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them, such as data analysis, system design and maintenance, customer services and for marketing and promotions.
Social Media Plugins. When you use the Services, Social Media operators can place a cookie on your computer to recognize individuals who have previously visited the Services. If you are logged into a Social Media account while using the Services, the social plugins allow that Social Media to receive information that you have accessed and used the Services. The social plugins also allow the Social Media operator to share information about your activities in or through the Services with other Social Media users. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allows Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allows you to see your friends' Facebook activity through the Services. Cronos Group does not control any of the content from the Social Media plugins. For more information about Social Media plugins, please refer to the privacy statements and other legal notices of the Social Media platform.
Legal Requirements. In certain circumstances, Cronos Group may release your Personal Information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. Cronos Group may disclose information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cronos Group and our customers or others.
Corporate Changes. We may transfer information, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control by Cronos Group or any affiliated company (in each case, whether in whole or in part), including any due diligence exercise carried out in relation to the same, provided that the information disclosed is necessary to evaluate or complete the transaction. When one of these events occurs, Cronos Group will use reasonable efforts to notify users if their Personal Information becomes subject to different privacy practices.
- DIGITAL ADVERTISING.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on other websites and digital services. These companies may use information obtained from data collection tools in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements of interest to you.
You can opt out so as not to receive targeted ads from use of the tools, but this will not affect any general advertisements you may receive. If you wish to opt out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES/SERVICES.
- OUR CHILDREN’S POLICY
The Services are not intended for use by children. If you are under the age of majority in your place of residence, you may not use the Services. If we learn that a child under the age of majority has provided Personal Information to or through the Services without first receiving his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently we will dispose of such Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
Cronos Group aims to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms that we offer you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
When you access any interactive Service, you will be asked to affirmatively choose ("opt in") to provide the requested information. You may always choose not to provide the requested information but then you may not be able to use the Service as intended.
Correct/Update Personal Information. You may correct or update the Personal Information you previously provided to Cronos Group by contacting us at email@example.com.
Receive Marketing Communications. When you register for the Services, you may request to receive email containing information about Cronos Group that we think you might find useful, including promotions, announcements of new services and products, as well as newsletters. If you decide, at any time, that you no longer wish to receive these emails you may unsubscribe by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accept and Reject Cookies. Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, but if you reject our cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of the Services may not work properly. To learn more about cookies, please check your browser’s help or similar feature.
How We Respond to Browser “Do Not Track” Signals. Some web browsers incorporate a “do-not-track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites with which the browser communicates that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity tracked. If a digital service that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that digital service from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. As of the Effective Date not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, Cronos Group along with many other digital service operators do not currently respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit allaboutdnt.com.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Under applicable law, Cronos Group may be unable to comply with a request to amend or remove information that was provided to Cronos Group by a healthcare professional or by a consumer regarding an adverse medical reaction.
- HOW INFORMATION IS RETAINED AND SECURED
In accordance with applicable laws, we employ reasonable security measures intended to help protect the security of all information submitted through the Services. The security of information transmitted through the internet cannot, however, be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications or for changes to or losses of data through the internet. Users of the Services are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of the Services. Any access to the Services through your user ID and password will be treated as authorized by you. To help protect your Personal Information, we may suspend your use of all or part of the Services, without notice, if Cronos Group suspects or detects any breach of security. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Cronos Group reserves the right to change the terms of this Privacy Statement. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you in advance through the Services. If we decide to use Personal Information in a manner that is materially different from the uses described in this Privacy Statement or otherwise disclosed to you, you will have the choice to allow or disallow any additional uses or disclosures of your Personal Information. However, in some cases, we will no longer be able to provide you with Services if you do not consent to uses of your Personal Information necessary to provide those Services. We will not make retroactive changes that reduce your privacy rights unless we are legally required to do so. Your continued use of the Services after the Effective Date constitutes your acceptance of the Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions with respect to this Privacy Statement or your rights hereunder, please send an email to:
Effective: September 7, 2018
Like many companies, Cronos Group Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Cronos Group”, “We” or “Our”) use "cookies" on our websites to improve the user experience. Cookies are tiny files containing a string of letters and numbers that are sent to your computer or mobile device by web page servers. They help us distinguish you from other users of our websites. Cookies cannot be executed as code nor can they be used to deliver viruses. Cookies do not enable Cronos Group to access or read any other information on your hard drive - even if cookies are stored there.
Cookies may be associated with identifiable information you have provided while registering for a Cronos Group Service or while logged in, such as your email address when subscribing to a Cronos Group newsletter. This helps us provide you with a more personalized user experience, e.g. to enable us to deliver content relevant to your interests.
- Strictly Necessary: These technical cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our websites and use its features, such as accessing secure areas or online storefronts of the websites. These cookies are only temporarily stored while you are using our websites and are deleted from your device once you close your browser session;
- Functionality: These personalization cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make such as user name, language or region you are in and provide a more enhanced personal experience. These cookies will expire within 24 hours;
- Performance and Statistics: These analysis cookies collect information about how visitors use our websites, for instance which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages. These cookies are used to improve the functionality of our websites.
In some instances, we may also include web beacons (also known as page tags or tracking pixels) and other technologies in our online services or newsletters. A web beacon is a graphic on a website or in a newsletter which is used to understand whether emails are opened or links in the emails are clicked. This technology helps us improve the content and relevancy of our newsletters for our recipients.
For more information about cookies and other tracking technologies, including how to disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/