It can be easy to hit the snooze button when you don’t have breakfast to look forward to. With pancakes, you can dream about whipping up something sweet to lure you into your kitchen, but first, check out this way to make your pancakes fluffier than ever.
Soufflé pancakes, anyone? Keeping reading to get all the details.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup of wheat flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ¾ tablespoons milk
- splash of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- lemon juice
- Oil, for pan
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then add granulated sugar and continue to beat until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining batter ingredients. Fold one-third of the meringue into the batter at a time.
- Oil a frying pan over low heat, then cook about 1 cup of the batter at a time. Cook for 6 minutes, then flip over when slightly browned.
- Continue cooking for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite fruits and toppings.