Microwave mug cakes are sweeping the internet, but have you ever tried the same idea with some pizza?
Ditch the baking trays for today’s Monday Munchies instalment. We found a recipe that you can make with your favourite mug.
- 4 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp. of baking powder
- ¼ gram of baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. of salt
- 3 tbsp. of milk
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp. of shredded mozzarella cheese
- mini pepperoni slices
- ½ tsp. of dried Italian herbs (basil or oregano will work)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a microwavable mug.
- Add in the milk and oil, and mix them together.
- Spoon on the marinara sauce and spread it around the surface of the batter.
- Sprinkle on the cheese, pepperoni, and dried herbs.
- Microwave for about 1 minute and 20 seconds. Watch to see the batter rise up and the toppings start bubbling.
- Take your mug out of the microwave and dig in!
Even without an oven, we’re still finding ways to bake. Follow our blog for more creative recipes.
Recipe courtesy of: Bigger Bolder Baking