Tacos aren’t just for Tuesdays anymore. For this week’s Monday Munchies, we’re going shell-less with a stuffed peppers recipe that will taco’ver your kitchen.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 bell peppers, halved (seeds removed)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- pico de gallo, for serving
- hot sauce, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Add onion and cook until tender, approximately 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add chilli powder, ground cumin, and paprika to beef mixture, then season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle bell peppers with olive oil and season as desired. Place the peppers, cut side up, in the baking dish and spoon meat mixture into each pepper. Top with cheese and bake until the cheese is melted, approximately 20 minutes.
- Top each pepper with lettuce and serve with pico de gallo, hot sauce, and lime wedges.
After making these, you’ll probably want to spend a lot more time in the kitchen, so follow our blog for new recipes every week.
Recipe courtesy of Delish