Fruit is nature’s version of candy, but if you crave something sweeter, we’ve found a recipe that you’ll want to pack in your lunch bag.
This week’s Monday Munchies features these Strawberry Fruit Rollers, a treat that is more than a foot of fun.
- 3 cups strawberry (450g), hulled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place strawberries and honey in a food processor or blender and puree into a thick, smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce onto a baking tray lined with a silicone baking mat and smooth into a thin, even layer.
- Bake for six hours at 175ºF (80ºC), until the entire surface is dry to the touch.
- Once cool, turn the baking mat onto a cutting board and remove the silicone baking mat.
- Roll the fruit sheet and cut it into one-inch (two cm) pieces.
- NOTE: If your fruit sheet comes out a bit too dry and you worry that rolling will cause it to crack, simply cover the surface with damp paper towels for a few minutes and try again. The moisture will rehydrate your fruit sheet just enough to be a flexible consistency.
Unravel more fun recipes today by following our SpinachTM blog.
Recipe courtesy of Tasty