Fancy toppings on crackers never get the party started. You have to break the ice with some heavy cream, chocolate, and peanut butter.
Become the life of your next dinner party with these Ritz Ice Cream Sandwiches for this week's Monday Munchies.
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 24 Ritz crackers
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-pint vanilla ice cream
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl and melt until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Cover a baking sheet or platter with wax paper. Dip the bottom side of the crackers in the melted chocolate. Place the crackers on the wax paper. Transfer the crackers to the freezer and let the chocolate dry completely. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove the crackers from the freezer and spread peanut butter over 12 of the chocolate crackers. Place the crackers back in the freezer so the peanut butter can set, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the crackers from the freezer and place a small scoop of vanilla ice cream into the center of the 12 chocolate peanut butter crackers. Press the remaining crackers, chocolate side down, onto the ice cream scoop. Freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: I used a medium cookie scoop to scoop up the ice cream. Mix things up by using your favourite flavour of ice cream. The sandwiches will store in the freezer for up to a week, just wrap them individually with plastic wrap.
Social outings don’t always have to be boring if you’re cooking with us at SpinachTM.
Recipe courtesy of Two Peas and Their Pod