Pumpkins aren't the only thing to carve out this month. Grab a carton of eggs and a spoon because we've found a pumpkin-inspired treat perfect for some Halloween fun.
We’re gearing up for a spooky holiday with all the creepy snacks you can handle. Try these Pumpkin Deviled Eggs.
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 ½ of Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. of paprika
- 4 chives, cut into small pieces
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and add enough water to cover eggs with 2-inches of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook, covered, 1 minute. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water.
- Crack shells and carefully peel under cool running water.
- Halve eggs lengthwise. Spoon out yolks into a small bowl and place whites on a serving platter. Using a fork, mash yolks, then stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Dijon and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture evenly among egg whites and smooth top.
- Carefully dust paprika all over yolk mixture, completely covering yolk. Use a sharp paring knife to make ridges down the paprika-dusted yolk to look like a pumpkin.
- Place chive above egg mixture to look like a stem and serve.
Make your Halloween treats ghastlier this month thanks to Spinach™ cannabis.
Recipe courtesy of Delish