Whether it's flat or folded, pizza comes in many different forms of deliciousness.
Bite into these miniature calzones with this week’s Monday Munchies featuring Pepperoni Pizza Pockets.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 15 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup marinara sauce (65 g)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the puff pastry into six rectangles and place them on a non-stick baking tray.
- On one rectangle, spread a tablespoon of marinara, avoiding the edges of the pastry. Top with pepperoni slices and cheese.
- Place a rectangle of pastry on top and seal the edges with a fork. Repeat with remaining pastry rectangles.
- Brush the pockets with egg wash.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is flaky and golden.
Marinara, cheese, and pepperoni make a harmonious mixture inside of these hot pizza pockets. Be sure to follow our blog to find out about more of our fusion favourites.
Recipe courtesy of Tasty