Pack your lunch with a sandwich that belongs on your breakfast plate.
Today’s Monday Munchies brings together golden brown waffles with the greatest sandwich of all time.
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands! ™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original biscuits
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh fruit (such as strawberries, peach slices, grapes)
- Heat Belgian or regular waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; press or roll each into 4-inch round.
- Depending on the size of the waffle maker, place 2 to 4 biscuit rounds at a time in a hot waffle maker. Bake 2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1-2 minutes.
- Spread peanut butter evenly on 4 of the hot waffles; spread jelly on the remaining 4 waffles. Place jelly-spread waffles, jelly down, on peanut butter-spread waffles. Cut sandwiches in half; place on individual plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; garnish with fruit.
Leave the syrup and spread some nutty heaven on your sandwich instead, might pair nicely with some SpinachTM.
Recipe courtesy of: Pillsbury