Cookies can be made from anything, including bark. This recipe isn’t made from trees but features some key ingredients that would please a fan of Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
This week’s Monday Munchies recipe doesn’t need an oven with these creamy No-Bake Avalanche Cookies.
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 16 ounces vanilla-flavoured candy coating (Almond Bark or CandiQuik)
- 1 (15 ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Prepare 2 cookie sheets with a Silpat mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in the freezer, until ready to use.
- Melt Almond Bark in a heat-safe bowl, microwave at half power for 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth.
- Meanwhile: Add Rice Krispies to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add peanut butter to Almond Bark. Stir to combine.
- Pour vanilla candy mixture over Rice Krispies . Stir until combined. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature (or until barely warm).
- Add marshmallows. Mix until combined. Add frozen chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Use a 2-tablespoon scoop to portion treats onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Allow to set in a cool place, until firm. You can pop them in the fridge if your kitchen is too warm.
- Serve and enjoy!
We hope we’ve planted more meals inside your fridge this season. Keep following our SpinachTM blog for more updates and see what’s growing on.
Recipe courtesy of The Slow Roasted Italian