Halloween is the perfect time to flex your creativity and make something one part delicious and two parts creepy.
These almost-gross-but-not-quite pizza skulls are so yummy and simple, you’ll be eating your heart – erm, brains – out all October long.
- 1 (13.8-oz) serving of premade pizza dough
- 6 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled sausage
- 24 slices chopped pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray this fancy skull pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Unroll pizza dough and press into a 15x10-inch rectangle. Cut into 6 strips. Drape each strip into the skull cavity.
- Sprinkle with a little cheese, top with 1 tbsp of sauce, a few pepperoni slices and some sausage. Top with remaining cheese. Fold dough over and press seams to seal.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
For best results, serve with a Spinach™ salad.
Recipe courtesy of Plain Chicken.