Have your caffeine fix shaken, not stirred with today’s Monday Munchies. We’ve got a DIY Milk Bubble Tea recipe that will give your favourite milkshake a run for its money.
We don’t usually encourage drinking your calories, but for this DIY we’ll make an exception. This milky sweet treat will have you heading back to the kitchen for seconds.
See below for everything you’ll need to make the perfect pick-me-up.
- 1 cup of tapioca pearls (found in the dry goods section in Asian groceries)
- 4 cups of freshly brewed strong black tea
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Ice cubes, for shaking
- ½ cup of whole milk
- Soak the tapioca pearls according to the package instructions. Once fully reconstituted and softened, drain.
- While the tea is still hot or warm, add the sugar and stir to dissolve completely. Let cool and then refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours, before serving.
- Place the tapioca pearls at the bottom of 2 cups. Use a cocktail shaker to shake together the ice, milk, and tea and strain into each cup and serve.
The sweetness doesn’t stop here. Check out our blog for some more recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth this month.
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious