No need to wait in line at an overrated food truck this summer. We’re bringing you a no-fuss recipe for homemade street corn that you’re sure to revisit time and time again.
- 6 to 8 medium ears of sweet corn, husks removed
- ½ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cilantro, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ ground chipotle pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. lime zest, from one lime
- 2 tbsp. lime juice, from one lime
- ½ cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- lime wedges, to serve
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to 400F. Clean the grates once it has heated.
- In a bowl, whisk together the crema, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, chipotle pepper, lime zest, and lime juice. Taste and season the mixture with salt if needed. Set aside.
- Place the husked corn directly onto grill grates. Grill the corn for about 3 minutes, undisturbed, or until kernels begin to turn golden brown and look charred. Turn over and repeat. When all sides are browned, remove from grill onto a plate.
- Using a brush or spoon, coat each ear of corn with the crema mixture. Sprinkle with crumbled Cotija cheese and additional chipotle pepper, if desired. Serve immediately with extra lime wedges.
Keep following our blog for more good eats.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Recipes