Throwing everything onto one pan is ideal because kitchen cleanup is a total bummer.
Toss these all these ingredients onto a pan and bake. Don’t stress if you don’t have all these ingredients, swap in your favourite herbs (and spices) as needed.
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower heads
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Sesame seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together hoisin, soy sauce, maple syrup, chilli sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Coat both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken and sweet potato in a single layer in a foil-lined large, baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a third of hoisin mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes; turn chicken and potatoes. Add cauliflower and red pepper; drizzle with another third of hoisin mixture and remaining olive oil. Bake until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175°, about 25 minutes longer. Drizzle with remaining sauce. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Serve with a side of Spinach™.
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.