Cooking can be super tedious but with today’s recipe, it can be as simple as using what’s leftover in your fridge from the weekend.
No need to stress about the ingredients for today’s dish. We’re mixing and matching some household favourites for a spin on this Mexican classic.
- 4 steak-um like patties
- 1/2 teas cumin
- 1 tbs Baja Chipotle sauce or other Tex-Mex like marinade
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 3 cups leftovers mac and cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- Taco Sauce
- Taco Shells
- Prepare steak-patties per directions on the box, adding cumin and Baja chipotle sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Sauté pepper and onion about 5 minutes or until caramelized.
- Reheat your delicious leftover mac and cheese (I always take this opportunity to add a little extra cheese and milk to add some creaminess to the leftovers as they reheat).
- Heat the taco shells according to the package.
- Drain off any excess liquid from the steak (no one wants a soggy taco) and prepare tacos, layering meat, taco sauce, onions, peppers, spinach, and mac and cheese.
Enjoy some Spinach™ and dig into fun fusion cooking this winter.
Recipe courtesy of Pass the Sushi.