Your mind’s telling you macaroni, but your heart is telling you grilled cheese. These are hard questions you gotta ask when hunger strikes so why not make your decision easier?
Sandwiched between two toast slices, our special mac and cheese combination today solves your hunger pains without you having to think too hard.
- 1 box macaroni and cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter (plus more for cooking)
- 1/4 c. milk
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 8 slices French bread
- In a medium saucepan filled with boiling water, cook macaroni until al dente, about 7-8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pot over low heat. Add milk and cheese packet and whisk well. Turn off the heat and return macaroni. Add 1/2 to 1 cup of cheddar and stir until the cheddar is melted and the macaroni is evenly coated in the cheese sauce. Remove from heat. Fold in bacon pieces.
- Assemble sandwiches: Butter one side of each piece of bread. For each sandwich, place one slice of bread buttered side down on a clean working surface or plate. Cover bread with cheddar cheese, then spoon macaroni and cheese on top. Sprinkle with more cheddar then top with one more slice of bread, buttered side up. Repeat process with remaining bread. (You may have leftover macaroni and cheese.)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place 1 to 2 sandwiches (or however many will fit) in the skillet and cook until bread is golden, and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side.
There is never too much cheese for one meal so let the stringy goodness fly with today’s Monday Munchies.
Recipe courtesy of: Delish