A savoury pie is many splendid things.
Try making this Frito Pie Casserole when you need the comfort of a delicious fried corn chip.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 can of black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 bag of Fritos™ corn chips
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup of guacamole
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until brown; drain. Stir in seasoning mix and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until thickened. Stir in enchilada sauce and black beans; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place 4 cups of the Fritos in a single layer in a baking dish. Top with 1 cup of the cheese; spoon beef mixture over the cheese, then top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Top with remaining corn chips and the green onions. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Pairs well with our brand of Spinach™.
Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker.