Great gifts come in small packages, and sometimes they’re deep-fried too.
For our Monday Munchies recipe today, we found a festive treat that’s much smaller than a carton of eggnog, but tastier than you can imagine.
- 1 loaf of pound cake, cut into cubes
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or rum
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- Freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Preheat oil to 350°F.
- Pour 1 3/4 cups eggnog into a dish and quickly soak pound cake in it. Drain, then pop into the fryer for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. (Make sure to drain off eggnog, so it doesn't splatter in the fryer when you place them inside.) Drain on a plate or sheet pan lined with paper towels.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining eggnog, booze of choice, and powdered sugar. Drizzle overbites and top with freshly grated nutmeg. Enjoy!
Remember to try out our SpinachTM, this holiday and get ready to sink your teeth into some bite-sized glory.
Recipe courtesy of Tastemade