If you’ve ever gone down the rabbit hole of #foodie Instagram then you may have come across the phenomenon of Egg-In-A-Hole Toast. This week’s recipe is taking that idea beyond the boundaries of slice bread.
- 1 lb ground beef
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 3 leaves lettuce
- Form beef into 3 equal-size patties. Using a small glass, cut out the center of each patty to create a donut shape; combine excess meat to form a fourth patty and cut out the center. Season patties generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add patties and cook for 2 minutes, then flip. Crack an egg into the center of each, season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook until egg whites are set, about 5 minutes more. Top with cheddar cheese and cover with lid to let melt, 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and Sriracha. Spread on toasted buns.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with cooked bacon and lettuce.
Voilà! You’re a chef now. Follow our blog for more recipes.
Recipe courtesy of Delish