Waking up to the sound of a toaster is better than your screeching alarm. Today we found a breakfast recipe that will get you out of bed in no time.
For this week’s Monday Munchies, we’re deep frying your favourite breakfast pastry with these Deep-Fried Pop-Tarts.
- 1 Cup Bisquick
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Pop-Tarts (I used Hot Fudge Sundae)
- Oil for frying (I used canola oil)
- Whisk Bisquick, milk, egg, and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Dip and coat Pop-Tart in the batter.
- Place battered Pop-Tart in a deep fryer preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or a cast-iron skillet with oil that is 375 degrees.
- Fry Pop-Tart between one and two minutes each side, until golden brown.
- Remove from the fryer and set on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease.
- Top with whatever your heart desires! (Whipped cream, sprinkles, cherries, ice cream, hot fudge, etc.)
- Serve immediately.
Get out of bed to some fun cooking with SpinachTM.
Recipe courtesy of Janica