You can’t save soggy cereal, but if you have some sugar, water, and a pan, you can turn it into a sweet dessert.
For today’s Monday Munchies, we found some Crispy Cornflake Cups, a treat made easier than pouring milk into a bowl.
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal (50 g)
- ¼ cup almonds (10 g), slivered
- 2 teaspoons water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (30 g)
- In a bowl, mix the corn flakes and the almonds.
- Put water and sugar in a small pan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Whisk occasionally.
- Remove the sugar and water mixture from the heat and add the corn flakes and almond mixture.
- Spoon the corn flakes mixture into cupcake bake cups. Allow the crispy corn bites to cook before serving.
Cereal is the breakfast of champions if you don’t leave it out for too long. Get a break from your everyday morning meal and pair it with some of our SpinachTM.
Recipe courtesy of Tasty