We’d all like to wake up to a full bowl...but today we’re not talking about the one you might be thinking. Instead, we’re packing this one with all your favourite savory ingredients and making it fit for a cowboy.
Speaking of bowls, you’re about to forget about cereal.
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cubed
- ¼ cups of sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar
- 10 eggs, scrambled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- hot sauce, for serving
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then chop. Add potatoes to bacon fat and cook undisturbed for 10 minutes, then flip and move around to get all sides golden. Add green onions and cook until potatoes are tender, 10 minutes more. Once tender, add garlic, paprika, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add cheddar to potatoes and cover to melt.
- Build bowls: Top cheesy potatoes with scrambled eggs, sliced avocado, cooked bacon, more scallions, and a drizzle of hot sauce.
When hunger strikes, our blog has you covered.
Recipe courtesy of Delish