Morning, noon or late night – there’s no wrong time for a cheeseburger Pop-Tart.
Serve with special sauce or ketchup and a special Spinach™ salad.
- ½ lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 tbsp. steak seasoning blend (salt, pepper & garlic powder)
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 (14 oz) refrigerated prepared pizza dough sheets
- 12 hamburger dill pickles, chopped
- Egg wash (1 egg, beaten + 1 tbsp. water)
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Chill the dough and preheat grill to medium. Brown ground beef and minced onion and steak seasoning blend when cooked through.
- Toss in cheese blend and stir until melted and well blended. Remove cheeseburger mixture from heat and set aside.
- Working quickly with chilled dough, roll out prepared pizza crust on parchment paper and brush on the egg wash.
- Top each cheese slice with ⅓ cup cheeseburger mixture, spreading slightly. Place 4 pickles on top of meat for each tart. Top with the remaining prepared pizza dough and cut between cheese slices to separate the 6 pop tarts.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the parchment to further separate, and seal the edges with egg wash and a fork. Baste tops with remaining egg wash and sprinkle each with sesame seeds.
- Grill 5 minutes per side. Serve with sliced tomatoes, ketchup and mustard.
For best results, serve with a Spinach™ salad.
Recipe courtesy of Thrillist.