Candy corn is a polarizing Halloween candy – you either love or hate the triangle treat.
Waffles, a far more loved breakfast item, can easily invoke the spirit of candy corn without that stale marshmallow taste.
1 heaping cup all-purpose flour
3 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp baking powder
Dash of salt
Yellow food coloring
Orange food coloring
1 tbsp butter
- Grease a large, round waffle maker with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together your flour, sugar, baking powder, egg, oil, vanilla, milk, and salt.
- Once everything is mixed, separate your batter into three separate small bowls.
- In the first bowl, add three drops of white food coloring.
- In the second bowl, add three drops of orange food coloring.
- In the third bowl, add three drops of yellow food coloring.
- In the center of your waffle maker, pour a small amount of your white batter, trying to keep it in a circle.
- Next, scoop your orange batter around your white batter in a full circle.
- Last, scoop your yellow batter around your orange batter.
- Once your waffle maker is full, plug it in and turn it on medium heat.
- Cook your waffle until your waffle maker timer light goes on (or off, depending on your maker).
- Unplug your waffle maker, carefully it turn upside down onto a plate and your waffle should fall right out.
- Cut your waffle into triangles and now you have four pieces of candy corn. Top with butter and syrup.
For best results, enjoy our brand of Spinach™ before digging into this treat.
Recipe courtesy of Dancing Through The Rain.