Ice cream pioneers, Ben and Jerry once said, “We're all here in this world for some reason or another.”
We think your reason might be to stuff ice cream inside cupcakes, enjoy and make the world a better place.
1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
1 1/2 qt. ice cream (we love a Snickers-infused one or maybe Half-Baked to be super obvious)
2 cups of whipped cream or icing sugar
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup of sprinkles or chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners. Prepare cupcake batter according to package directions and divide between cupcake liners.
- Bake about 20 minutes. Let cool completely before stuffing.
- Using a melon baller or tablespoon, scoop out middle of each cupcake to create a small hole and set aside.
- Fill each hole with a small scoop ice cream, then top with reserved cupcake top. Place in freezer until firm, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- When firm, ice with whipped topping or icing sugar, then drizzle with melted chocolate and top with sprinkles or tiny bits of chocolate before serving.
For best results, enjoy our brand of Spinach™ before eating one of these cupcakes.
Recipe courtesy of Sprinkle Some Fun.