A dressing smothered salad is our way of getting our greens at SpinachTM, but why not pair it with some ground beef?
We found a burger that does both, without skipping the flavour.
- 4 slices white bread (I actually used Potato bread), cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- Olive oil
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package burger buns
- 1 head Romaine lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- Caesar salad dressing
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Toss bread cubes with cheese and diced jalapeno
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat
- Bake for 5-7 minutes
- Combine the ground chuck and Worcestershire, form into 4 burgers and grill or pan-fry until done.
- Toast buns.
- Assemble burgers by layering romaine lettuce, burger, croutons, dressing and Parmesan cheese.
Make your salad a bit more fun this year as you add a bit more green to your diet. Just make sure to include some of our SpinachTM to your palette as well.
Recipe courtesy of Dixie Chik Cooks