Whether or not pineapple belongs on pizza is still up for debate. If you want to avoid an argument, skip the crust altogether and fire up the BBQ.
You heard that right, we’re bringing the sweetness with this Brazilian-style grilled pineapple recipe. It’s only Monday, but we reckon this will be the best thing you eat all week.
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon until well combined.
- Pour cinnamon-sugar mixture over cut pineapple, coating all surfaces, and then marinate for 30 minutes. This allows the natural juices to form a glaze.
- Place pineapple on the prepared grill and cook until the sugars are caramelized and the pineapple is tender, 1-3 minutes on each side depending on thickness.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Whoever said grills are just for meat was wrong.
Recipe courtesy of Kitchen Dreaming